Last revised: May 21, 2022
This web site is owned and managed by SIREN SAMPLES LIMITED.
To reach us via e-mail, you can email [email protected]
sirenclix.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
When panel members participate in surveys by Siren Samples or Siren Samples’s third-party partners/clients then Siren Samples or the third-party partner or client collects and stores survey response data. Such survey response data is stored separately from any contact and profile data Siren Samples has about its panel members therefore third party partners or clients do not receive any personal information about the panel members but they only receive the survey responses in a way that the panel members cannot be identified. Partners or clients might receive personal information about panel members only if they ask for such information within a survey and only prior to the explicit consent of the panel members, for example if they want to conduct a face2face interview they might ask for a panel member’s contact details in order to contact the member. Moreover, Siren Samples might use some of the profile data about a panel member in anonymous form as statistical information, such as the gender, assignment to an age group (based on the date of birth) and assignment to a state/region (based the postal code). In this way, Siren Samples can for example, report to a client which percentage of all male and female participants per age group and region of a country has answered certain questions in the context of an online survey.
In some cases, Siren Samples or third-party partners or clients which carry out surveys through the Siren Samples System may ask panel members for information and opinions that pertain to sensitive (or “special category of”) personal data, such as racial or ethnic origin; political opinions, physical or mental health condition and sexual preferences. Unless it is permitted to process such sensitive data by law, the panel members will be asked for their explicit and separate consent in each case. Third-party partners or clients will only receive such sensitive data as survey responses and will not receive from Siren Samples any data about the panel members that might lead in their identification. By way of clarification, by voluntarily consenting in disclosing such sensitive personal data the panel members expressly consent to their storage and processing always as permitted by the applicable data protection legislation.
((1) to keep a record of all the registered panel members.
(2) to communicate with them regarding their participation in a survey or in order to invite them to one;
((3) to invite them to a profiling questionnaire in order to gather more information on them as a panel members for purposes of better survey targeting;
(4) to manage Siren Samples’s reward and incentive program and fulfil panel member’s requests for rewards and incentives i.e. bank details for billing purposes;
(5) to respond to user support issues and to deal with any complaints queries or technical problems that panel members might experience;
(6) to update and ensure Siren Samples’s records of the panel members’ information is accurate and correct;
(7) for internal purposes such as quality control, website/application performance and efficiency, system administration;
(8) to ask for panel members’ consent in the event that Siren Samples wants to use personal information for a purpose that was not explained to them when their personal information was first collected (for example when a panel member’s contact details might be shared with a client who has commissioned a survey and wants to contact them for the purpose of a specific project);;
((9) in addition to survey responses that are being collected by Siren Samples’s clients Siren Samples may as mentioned above append profiling information about its panel members to completed surveys for analytical and research purposes and data enrichment. This information is shared with the client always in a way that the panel members cannot be identified.
(10) Upon prior explicit consent Siren Samples may use the panel members’ e-mail address in order to send newsletter, promotional actions or general communications about the Siren Samples panel community, new services Siren Samples might be offering in relation to its panel members registration or new tools available to them. The panel members are entitled to opt-out from receiving such communication at any time, by using the op-out option in each such e-mail. This opt-out however will not apply to critical information that panel members need to receive such as updates to Siren Samples’s Terms and Conditions and Policies, as they are not promotional in nature.
(11) for fraud detection, identity or contact details confirmation and verification and/or prevention purposes;
(12) to comply with any and all legal obligations, including, without limitation, tax obligations;
(13) as otherwise consented to by the panel members.
Furthermore, in order to increase the panel members’ chances in qualifying for survey invitations, Siren Samples might additionally share profile information such as socio-demographic data (including without limitation a unique identification number “UID”, postal code, gender, marital status, education, employment related information, and non-personally identifiable information on household members), with thirty party sample/market research companies (the “Third-Party Market Research Company”), for the purpose of (a) identifying survey opportunities that they may be eligible for, through them and (b) appending such data elements to completed client surveys and delivering the appended survey data to clients of the Third Party Market Research Company only for analytical or research purposes. If a panel member is eligible for a survey opportunity the said Third Party Market Research Company will either invite them directly to participate on a survey or will provide a survey link to Siren Samples and Siren Samples will invite them to participate in the survey through an invitation e-mail. Siren Samples will not share the panel members’ name with the Third Party Market Research Company. If a panel member unsubscribes from the Panel it is Siren Samples’s sole responsibility to inform accordingly the Third-Party Market Research. A panel member’s participation in such survey opportunities does not entitle them to any benefits offered by, or membership with the aforementioned Third Party Market Research Companies.
Panel members’ personal data might on occasion be disclosed to a third party during the following instances:
· It may be shared with other companies that belong to the same group as Siren Samples or that are under the same control or ownership for archiving or business continuity purposes;
· It may be shared when Siren Samples has a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding or a court order or if it believes it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Siren Samples website or as otherwise required by law. Disclosure of personal information might also be needed for data privacy or security audits and/or to investigate or respond to a complaint or a security threat.
Siren Samples will retain the personal information collected from its panel members for as long as they remain members of the Panel, and as necessary in connection with Siren Samples’s research and analysis purposes, Siren Samples’s legal obligations (for example, if it is required to retain their information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws or during a dispute resolution procedure, or its obligations to prove consent given) and its contractual obligations with third-parties.
In the event that panel members no longer want Siren Samples to use their information they may terminate their participation in the Panel by deleting their account through the Panel website. In case of termination of a membership account Siren Samples will no longer retain or use any personal information for any purposes other than the ones described in the previous paragraph Siren Samples will continue to employ the security procedures and technologies to keep any Personal Information safe. Siren Samples might also retain log files with anonymized information for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a brief period of time, except in cases where they are used for site safety and security, to improve site functionality, or when Siren Samples is legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
This website might contain links to other websites. Siren Samples is not responsible for the Privacy Policies and practices or the content of any linked websites. Panel members must always review the Privacy Notices of the websites they visit by linking from this website.
Siren Samples strongly believes that it is important to protect the online privacy of the children and will not knowingly process without parental/guardian’s consent any personal information from any child younger than the legally minimum age. In some cases, a parent/guardian might be sent a questionnaire that is meant to include the child’s opinion, for example a survey on toys. In such cases, the survey is meant to be completed only with parental/guardian’s supervision and/or help, and a parent/guardian opting to participate in the survey with their child is giving implicit permission to include the child’s opinions in the survey.
In line with all the above, Siren Samples takes the issue of data security very seriously. Siren Samples maintains appropriate security measures, including on-line and off-line physical, technical, administrative, electronic and procedural safeguards that are designed in order to protect against any unauthorized, accidental or unlawful collection, access, storage, modification or disclosure of all information under its control. Access to all personal information is restricted and limited to few authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis and even then, Siren Samples’s employees are subject to the duty of confidentiality. Whenever Siren Samples collects or transmits to other websites, personal information, it is protected through encryption. Siren Samples reviews, monitors and evaluates its privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis, as unnecessary to meet its business needs, technology changes, and regulatory requirements. Siren Samples has also established a management system to prevent incidents such as unauthorized access to or loss, erasure, alteration or leakage of personal information as well as to ensure the best possible support in the rare case that such an incident occurs. However, no transmission via the Internet is 100% secure, and Siren Samples cannot guarantee or be held responsible regarding the security of it. Siren Samples’s users assume this risk by using Siren Samples’s services.
If Siren Samples panel members would like to exercise their rights to access, correct, modify or request deletion of their personal information associated with their Siren Samples membership account, they can do so at any time by logging into their account profile page or by contacting Siren Samples via e-mail. Siren Samples will make available to its users the personal data about them that have been collected, used or disclosed, upon their written request, to the extent required and/or permitted by law. Furthermore, in certain cases, Siren Samples’s panel members may have the right to restrict the processing of their personal information as well as the rights to object to the processing of their personal data and to obtain a copy of their personal information in an easily accessible format in order to be able to transmit them. Siren Samples will respond to any such request within a reasonable (or the legal when applicable) timeframe and will satisfy the panel members’ rights unless the legislation provides otherwise, when they have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals or on the execution of Siren Samples’s business. In case of doubt, upon responding to a panel member’s request to exercise his/her rights Siren Samples might ask for additional information in order to confirm his/her identity. This is to protect panel members’ rights and privacy.